7 August, 2020 | By Magnus Frejd |
Home elevators maternity care when you are expecting and after the delivery of the infant through the COVID-19 pandemic.
This page had been final updated: 28 April 2020
This guidance that is interim predicated on what exactly is presently understood about COVID-19 together with transmission of other viral breathing infections. The Ministry of wellness will upgrade it as brand new info is available.
Your care during maternity
That you may be experiencing heightened levels of anxiety while New Zealand is working to stop the spread of COVID-19 if you are pregnant or caring for newborn babies, it is understandable. What this means is your plans about in which you will give delivery and that would you may have to alter.
Your maternity care during your pregnancy will be affected also. Your midwife (or Lead Maternity Carer) is going to do whenever possible throughout the phone or via movie calling. Your midwife may reduce steadily the quantity of face-to-face visits and can check with you the place that is best to possess these. This can be to safeguard both you and your midwife from COVID-19 illness.
Using what we understand at present, women that are pregnant don’t appear any longer at risk of the results of COVID-19 illness compared to the basic populace. Women that are pregnant in their third trimester should take additional precautions and keep by by by themselves well at the same time once the growing child means greater air needs in the mom. You should take extra care to avoid COVID-19 if you are more than 28 weeks pregnant. Be sure you:
- Keep two metres from people perhaps perhaps not in your bubble
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your nose and mouth with cells
- Placed utilized tissues when you look at the container or a case instantly
- Clean soap and water to your hands frequently (for at the least 20 moments)
- Stay away from contact that is close those who are unwell
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or lips in the event your hands aren’t clean
- Neat and disinfect usually moved areas and things, such as for instance doorknobs
- Remain house should you feel unwell and Healthline that is call on 358 5453
- If you’re expecting, ensure you get your flu that is free vaccination lower your threat of influenza (remember that the flu vaccine decreases threat of influenza but is perhaps maybe not effective against COVID-19).